Thursday 28 October 2010

Textual Analysis of Spin Contents Page

Below is my textual analysis of an issue of Spin magazine's content page. I chose it from the selection of content pages from my contents page collage as it was a bit more unique and different than the others. I have looked into the different features of this contents page- the text, image, colours and layout. This will inspire and expand my knowledge into what should be included on a contents page of a magazine. I like the way they have used titles of articles and have written a small paragraph detailing what it is about. I also like the way they have placed the 'Spin' logo on the contents page as well as the cover to carry on the identity of the magazine throughout. I chose this magazine specifically as it is of a similar genre of what I hope my own will be. 



By doing this textual analysis of a Spin contents page,  I have learnt about the use of colour, the text featured, the bold image and the layout. I like the way that the contents page is simple and easy to look at, they have created this by using a single, bold statement image and a list of features on the left hand side. They have used a box shape for cover information and linked the colour blue with the page numbers of the articles. I think the box shape is effective here, as it looks neat and sophisticated. I also like the use of the quote from the featured artist, which intrigues the reader into reading the article. I will try to take forward some of these features when creating my magazine's contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment