Monday 18 October 2010

Textual Analysis of NME Front Cover

Below is my textual analysis of a NME magazine front cover. I have done this second front cover textual analysis so that I can compare and note the differences of the two music genre types. I created this analysis to also help me to learn about the layout, text, image and advertising on the front cover of this style and type of magazine, to inspire and give me insight into what this professional music magazine cover includes and features. I chose NME magazine because it is very well known and popular with the public and would therefore be the ideal magazine for me to look at due to it's successfulness.



By doing this textual analysis of an NME magazine cover, I have learnt about the use of colour, the layout, the text and the image on the front cover. I like the way this cover uses a restriced pallete of primary colours which in my opinion makes it stand out. I could try and create this same effect when designing my front cover so that it is more eye-catching. I also like the way that the front cover uses simple, modern writing fonts which are all relatively similar and bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment