Wednesday 20 October 2010

Comparative Analysis

I have looked at a 1986 front cover and a 2010 front cover of Q magazine. I have compared their features such as their layout, images, effects, colour schemes and the text. I also looked at how the magazine has developed over the years. I chose to make a comparative analysis so that I know how to modernise my cover and make it current. Also, I can avoid making it look dated and unedited so that it has a sharper look.
From this comparative analysis research, I have gathered knowledge into how to make my front cover of my magazine look modern and relevant. I know now that modern day magazines have a single image one the front page rather than multiple ones, that they link colours from images and text together- by making them the same colour, they edit the cover image to make it look more exciting, interesting and eye-catching and the main image is who is featured as their main article. I will try to keep these features in mind when making my magazine pages to ensure that they look professional and modern.

No comments:

Post a Comment